The Prince of Monaco denounced in an interview with the JDD, Saturday, June 4, the ill-intentioned speculation around the prolonged absence of his wife in recent months.
He wanted to fly to the rescue of his wife. Albert of Monaco said he was “hurt by the malicious rumors that have been peddled” about the absence of Charlene from Monaco for ten months, explaining that it was the “most beautiful thing” to have her back in his side, in an interview granted to the Sunday newspaper and published on Saturday, June 4. Indeed, the former professional swimmer reappeared in public for the first time in almost a year alongside her family, on the occasion of the Formula 1 Grand Prix of the Principality, which was held on April 30. .
The brother of Stephanie and Caroline of Monaco said that this long period away from their twins Gabriella and Jacques, 7, had been “a test for his wife, who suffered a lot and lived through difficult times, far from her family”. Before adding: “A test also for our children and myself”. However, he wanted to reassure readers by declaring that he and Charlène had known how to remain “united despite the distance” and “talked a lot”.
In video, Charlene of Monaco celebrates her 44th birthday
“Today, Charlene is back with us and that’s the best thing that could have happened,” he explained. She’s better, we can finally spend time together. It is a relief and a joy for all of us.” However, after several hospitalizations in South Africa for a serious ENT infection and a stay in Switzerland, where she was admitted to a specialized establishment for “physical and emotional exhaustion”, the forties tested positive for Covid 19 on Saturday, June 4.
“In accordance with the health rules in force, Princess Charlene will observe a period of isolation of several days”, declared the princely palace in an official press release. Before specifying that his state of health “was not worrying”. Despite calls from Prince Albert II to cease all speculation, this new absence fuels rumors that a breakup between Charlene and the prince, who married in 2011, is imminent.
What the palace immediately denied. Some French media like Here is also reported that the leader of the Principality would have paid his wife 12 million euros per year, so that she stays by his side. The palace refuses to talk about specific financial arrangements, while specifying that the members of the princely family are not salaried, which means that the princess would depend on Albert of Monaco for his own money.
It was therefore without Charlène of Monaco that her husband and children once again appeared on Sunday June 5 during the Riviera Water Bike Challenge on the Rock. The sporting event organized by the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation aims to raise funds for the charity project Swim For Safety which helps underprivileged children in Sri Lanka by teaching them to swim. Monegasques are now watching for the next public appearance of the one who is also godmother of the South African Red Cross.