What you may have missed between last night and this morning
1. Football – Ligue 1: things will change at PSG
The Blues are in pain, Ruud in the final, Swiatek wants the Grail: the news on a set
YESTERDAY AT 06:02
Handball – Women’s Champions League: Metz falls with its head held high
The step was indeed too high but Metz really has nothing to be ashamed of. After standing up to the title holders, the Messines ended up losing to Kristiansand in Budapest (33-27) in the final 4. The Norwegians will face the Hungarians of Györ in the final on Sunday, five-time European champions and winners of the ‘Esbjerg (32-27).
A step too high for Metz: the summary of the half against Kristiansand
Football – League of Nations: Italy and Germany back to back
We have also selected for you
- Boxing : The American Devin Haney became the undisputed world lightweight champion by beating the Australian George Kambosos on points and unanimously by the judges.
- Handball – Star League : PSG, champion of France, continued their series of invincibility by winning at Saint-Raphaël (38-33) during the 29th and penultimate day. Aix won in Toulouse (33-29).
- Golf – Women’s US Open : Australian Minjee Lee returned a card of 67, or four strokes under par, thus breaking the tournament record after 54 holes to take the lead alone at the end of the third round.
- Tennis – Roland Garros : Salvadoran Marcelo Arevalo and Dutchman Jean-Julien Rojer won the Roland-Garros men’s doubles tournament by beating the pair of Croatian Ivan Dodig and American Austin Krajicek 6-7 (4/7) in the final, 7-6 (7/5), 6-3.
- Football – Bundesliga : The German Daniel Farke is the new coach of Borussia Mönchengladbach to replace Adi Hütter, sacked in May.
The catch-up video
Polish Patryk Dudek won the Teterow Speedway GP in Germany on Saturday, beating his compatriot Bartosz Zmarzlik, double world champion in the discipline, in the final. Relive the final in live conditions. The Speedway can be followed all year round on Eurosport.
Dudek dominates Zmarzlik: Polish double in Germany
Your podcast of the day
What you will be sure to follow today
1. Tennis – Roland-Garros: Nadal, the last step
“Ruud does everything Rafa does but a little less well”
2. Rugby – Top 14: Time for the verdict
3. MotoGP – GP of Catalonia: Quartararo and Zarco have something to play for
It will obviously be necessary to do really very hard to defeat a still impressive Aleix Espargaro on “his” circuit on Saturday in qualifying. But the French Fabio Quartararo and Johann Zarco, placed respectively in the first and second row on the starting grid, will be in ambush to exploit the slightest flaw of the Spaniard. Start of the Grand Prix at 2 p.m.
Fabio Quartararo (Yamaha) on qualifying for the Catalan GP
Credit: Getty Images
4. Cycling – Critérium du Dauphiné: Last straight line before the Tour
Who says Dauphiné says Tour: Froome, Roglic, Gaudu… what to expect from them?
5. Football – World Cup qualifiers: Ukraine’s dream
Nadal – Zverev, stunning Boston, Mbappé-Benzema: The news on a set
06/03/2022 At 05:00
Historic Ukraine, hegemonic Swiatek, Messi in Olympic form: the news on a plate
06/02/2022 At 05:04